The conference for web students
↗ view site: talkwebdesign.co.uk
How we helped promote the Talk Web Design conference
The design of this logo and site needed to represent the atmosphere and spirit of the conference day. A day filled with talks about web design – a conversation between industry experts and all of us as students of the web. With such a specific and familiar target group, we had the freedom to be creative and experimental.
Planned as a regular event, the site had to be ready to promote the conference each year and handle tickets. It then had to become an archive for speaker profiles, photos and shared write-ups.
- logo and brand design for online promotion
- design for website: typography, colour and layout
- development of WordPress theme
- custom admin for schedule and speaker profiles
- integration of online accounts, such Twitter, Flickr and GetInvited/EventBrite for tickets
As a client on this project, I knew I didn’t have to worry about anything, all I had to do was make a few basic decisions and provide content, Prisca did the rest.David Watson, conference organiser
- planning Belinda had a clear plan as well as a direction for the design already. We began by reviewing her site and planning for both promotion of her classes and the related blog.
- work cycle With new courses coming up, a holding page went up while we built the site. Belinda provided content and produced new videos and progress was smooth.
- launch The site went live before the new classes kicked off and her students were happy to post testimonials on her new site.