The conference for web students
↗ view site: talkwebdesign.co.uk
How we helped promote the Talk Web Design conference
The design of this logo and site needed to represent the atmosphere and spirit of the conference day. A day filled with talks about web design – a conversation between industry experts and all of us as students of the web. With such a specific and familiar target group, we had the freedom to be creative and experimental.
Planned as a regular event, the site had to be ready to promote the conference each year and handle tickets. It then had to become an archive for speaker profiles, photos and shared write-ups.
- logo and brand design for online promotion
- design for website: typography, colour and layout
- development of WordPress theme
- custom admin for schedule and speaker profiles
- integration of online accounts, such Twitter, Flickr and GetInvited/EventBrite for tickets
As a client on this project, I knew I didn’t have to worry about anything, all I had to do was make a few basic decisions and provide content, Prisca did the rest.David Watson, conference organiser
- planning David knew he wanted a student-friendly site that would deliver the conference details with ticketing and would provide a platform to share the day.
- work cycle We started with the logo which then lead the way for a bold approach to design, keeping the course colours and using experimental techniques.
- launch The site went after the first conference and provided a home for the event over the 4 years of its duration.